Just a week ago the family had the estate sale for what remained of my grandparent's possessions. As I looked at the old empty home, I was very glad to know I had the important thing... Memories of grandma sewing, crocheting, knitting, and gardening. Many of her tools I have inherited and it will bring a smile inside every time I use them for my creations!
Creative musings and activities of an overly busy, late 40's, working professional, married mother of two grade school age children.
Saturday, September 3, 2011
Nostalgia...
About 5 years ago, my maternal grandmother passed away. Prior to my grandfather passing away, he sent many of my grandmother's sewing, knitting and quilting supplies home with my mother. Recently I have been doing some crochet and I have been using Grandma's crochet hooks. I have also had the pleasure of looking through her piles of magazines, pattern booklets and books. I even found a few crochet patterns that were marked as done for me. I remember those crocheted vests and capes! Now as I crochet, I have to wonder, is this the hook Grandma used to crochet one of those treasures?

Just a week ago the family had the estate sale for what remained of my grandparent's possessions. As I looked at the old empty home, I was very glad to know I had the important thing... Memories of grandma sewing, crocheting, knitting, and gardening. Many of her tools I have inherited and it will bring a smile inside every time I use them for my creations!
Just a week ago the family had the estate sale for what remained of my grandparent's possessions. As I looked at the old empty home, I was very glad to know I had the important thing... Memories of grandma sewing, crocheting, knitting, and gardening. Many of her tools I have inherited and it will bring a smile inside every time I use them for my creations!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment