One would think winter blues are pretty blah. However, winter greys are worse! Earlier this week we got the 50 degree teaser weather. Today was rainy and drizzly off and on. It did stop raining long enough that I could go outside and clean the chicken coop and chicken run, but the sun refused to fight it's way through the clouds.
I took a couple of pictures of a red squirrel, but even a red squirrel looked grey today!
Drove out to the cottage, desperately hoping to find some sort of relief from the grey, but the drizzle came back and even though it was 38, the wet cold permeated your clothes. I didn't see any deer, any turkey or even a squirrel. I think they were smart enough to seek warmth and shelter. I even looked to see if any of the daffodils I planted were peeking, but I didn't see a one. Here at home there are bulbs peeking, but I guess I'm just overly anxious to start planting.
I did find some bladdernut pods with their seeds in them. Laying out in the cold like that, I'm assuming they will germinate easily. Anyone need a bladdernut?
In a few weeks my kids have a week off from school for winter break. I have taken that week off and although there is work around home to be done, I hope to go clean up some branches out at the cottage and cut up a couple of downed trees.
I will probably go set up my seed starting stuff tomorrow. I have plans.... Maybe some little green seedlings will chase away the winter blues/greys!
No comments:
Post a Comment