As I was passing through Joann's the other day, I got snagged by the Kwik Sew pattern sale. I liked the 3915 pattern for ruched neck tops and added it to my collection.
After bringing my find home, I checked out the reviews on Pattern Review. Most of the reviews were positive and after checking some measurements, I believed it would fit me as well without major modifications.
I chose view B and used a piece of dark olive green jersey that I picked up in Springfield, Missouri while on vacation last summer. I was concerned that the neck might be scoopier than I wanted, so I cut the neckline as an small, even though the rest of the pattern I cut as an XL. It resulted in a wider neckband, but I don't think it looks bad. Prior to assembling the shirt, I hand randomly placed glass beads where the neckband is ruched.
The finished shirt fits fairly well, although I believe next time... and I probably will make this shirt again... I think I will cut the arm holes a size smaller as it is a little large there.


No comments:
Post a Comment